COVID-19 Update – 10th December 2021
Following the changes by Government, it is now a mandatory requirement to wear a face covering while in the theatre. This applies to everyone unless exempt, (children under the age of 11 are exempt). Our staff will be wearing face coverings, and face coverings are required to be worn around venue and while seated in the auditorium. A face covering may be removed to consume food and drink, and for the purposes of ID checking at the bar. Face coverings on stage and backstage form part of the risk assessment by the performing organisation.
Please see the Government website for more information on face coverings and exemptions:
NHS COVID Pass
The Henrician is a 312 seated venue, therefore, will not require a valid NHS COVID Pass for entry to the venue. We will always comply with Government guidance or law in place at the time of each event.
Government advice is to take a lateral flow test before visiting crowded or indoor settings. This is something we recommend but is not a mandatory condition of entry. You can order a lateral flow test kit for free from the Government website:
If you test positive for COVID-19 you should not visit the theatre and follow government requirements on self-isolation. We will always comply with Government guidance or law in place at the time of each event.
See It Safely – COVID-Secure
Our venue is part of the See It Safely campaign for operating safer theatres during the pandemic. Therefore we have introduced control measures to support a COVID-Secure environment. These are as follows:
- Tickets are e-tickets and printable at home. You can also display your ticket on your phone.
- Face coverings are mandatory (unless exempt). This is at all times in the venue, unless eating, drinking or performing on stage.
- Contactless and Card is the only method of accepted payment. We also accept Apple and Android Pay. We are not accepting cash payment.
- There are no cloakroom facilities. Please keep your belongings to a minimum and keep these with you at all times.
- We ask you continue to maintain social distance while in the foyer areas.
- We are using the NHS Test and Trace QR Code. If you cannot scan the code, you can leave your details with the house manager. This is voluntary and not required for entry to the venue.
- The theatre is cleaned before every event by our contract cleaning company.
- Our ventilation system will be in operation before and for the duration of the show.
- Hand Sanitiser is available at the entrances and toilet facilities. Please ensure you sanitise your hands on arrival.
NHS Test and Trace
The information provided below is for information. There is no requirement at the moment to use the NHS Test and Trace logging system as a point of entry to the venue.
- Download the NHS COVID-19 Test and Trace App for iPhone or Android. You may already have this app installed for checking into other venues, such as pubs and restaurants. You can download the app here: https://www.covid19.nhs.uk/
- Open the App and Scan the QR Code (these are located around the entrance of the venue).
- You will need to show the activity leader or staff member your phone after scanning in to confirm the QR code was scanned correctly.
- All done.
- Mention to the activity leader or staff that you cannot use the NHS App to scan in.
- They will provide you with a customer visitor sheet to record your details.
- Record your name and phone number.
- If you cannot provide a phone number, you can provide an email address.
- If you cannot provide an email address, you can provide a postal address.
- Hand the form back to the activity leader or staff member for secure keeping.
- All done.
If you scan in, your details are held securely by NHS Test and Trace and not by us.
If you sign in, your details will be securely stored for 21 days and will be provided to NHS Test and Trace if requested by them. After 21 days, we will destroy the visitor details. These details will not be used by us for any other reason.
We recommend using the NHS Test and Trace app as this is the quickest way to record your visit.