Safeguarding at The Henrician

Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility, so as part of your induction in working at The Henrician, please ensure you watch this video. This video is targeted at training members of Prince Henry’s High School community such as teachers and support staff workers, but the main principle messages are the same.

In addition, everyone involved with the theatre will be required to have an enhanced DBS check. This will be arranged as part of your application.

We align ourselves to the same safeguarding standards as expected by Prince Henry’s High School to ensure a safe environment for our guests and those working in the theatre. Should you ever become concerned about someone’s wellbeing, you can report this to the House Manager in the first instance, or contact the Theatre Manager using the Contact Us page.

Reporting a Safeguarding Concern

When you need to report a safeguarding concern within the theatre, you can report the incident to:

  • The House Manager
  • The Theatre Manager
  • Designated Safeguarding Lead at Prince Henry’s High School

For further information on Safeguarding at Prince Henry’s, please visit their safeguarding page:

Registering for a DBS

As part of your application, we will perform an enhanced DBS check as part of this process. There is no charge for a DBS check for volunteers. We also ask you to sign up for the update service. To arrange a DBS, we are required to see evidence of your identification. You need to provide 3 forms of identification. You should show us

  • one document from Group 1, below
  • 2 further documents from either Group 1, or Group 2 below

At least one of the documents must show your current address. If you are unable to provide the documents required, please contact us as there are other methods to provide ID – however, the documents below are preferred.

Group 1

  • Passport
  • Driving License Photocard (full or provisional)
  • Birth Certificate, issued within 12 months of birth
  • Adoption Certificate
  • Biometric Residence Permit

Group 2

  • Driving License Photocard (full or provisional)
  • Driving License Paper version (issued before 1998) (full or provisional)
  • Birth Certificate, issued after the time of birth
  • Marriage / Civil Partnership certificate
  • Immigration document, visa, or work permit
  • HM Forces ID Card
  • Firearms License
  • Mortgage Statement (issued in last 12 months)
  • Bank or Building Society Statement (issued in last 3 months)
  • Credit Card Statement (issued in last 3 months)
  • Pension or Endowment Statement (issued in last 12 months)
  • P45 or P60 Statement (issued in last 12 months)
  • Council Tax Statement (issued in last 12 months)
  • Utility Bill (issued in last 3 months)
  • Benefit Statement, ie child benefit or pension (issued in last 12 months)
  • Valid EEA National ID Card
  • Irish Passport Card
  • Cards carrying the PASS accreditation logo

Documents must be valid (not expired) or issued within the time period indicated.