Who are Henrician Heroes?
Our Henrician Heroes are our generous group of volunteers who support the operation of the theatre during evenings and weekends to support community and professional events. All our Heroes are 16 years of age or older, and only those who are 18 or older will work behind the (alcoholic) bar. We are committed to maintaining a strict level of safeguarding at The Henrician, and therefore all our Heroes are DBS checked and safeguarding trained.
What do Henrician Heroes do?
Henrician Heroes can support the theatre in a variety of different ways, such as:
- Welcome guests to the theatre, answering any questions guests may have.
- Stewards to manage the audience, showing guests to their seats and scanning tickets.
- Selling merchandise or light refreshments and drinks (non-alcoholic).
- Selling drinks (alcoholic) and/or assisting with the bar.
- Help with clearing after a show / collecting glasses.
- Technical Support (Sound, Lighting and Projection).
Are there any Hero perks?
Yes! All our Heroes will automatically receive the same benefits as our Henrician Friends (launching at a future date). In addition to our friendship perks, Heroes have added perks.
- Hero Reward Points are given for every performance supported. These points are exchangeable for tickets to our other shows. (You can see the Hero Point cost on the event pages on our website).
- Complimentary tea/coffee while on shift.
- Stewards are able to ‘sit in’ and enjoy the show from our steward seats once the audience are seated.
- Knowing that you are supporting our charity to help improve, maintain and develop the theatre.
Duke of Edinburgh? Work Experience? Reference for University Application?
Yes! We can help! As part of the Hero Application Form, you can specify information about the programme you are in and how we can help. We are more than happy to confirm hours worked, write references and provide information on the activities you have completed while working with us. All students must be 16 years or older, and if under 18 years will require parental/carer consent.
How often will a Hero work?
You decide! As part of your application, you can provide information about times/days you are not available. So you can tell us if you have regular commitments or are only available to help on a specific evening. In addition, you can let us know the frequency of events you’d like to help with. We have a dedicated team of staff who are always happy to discuss your arrangements.
Do Heroes receive training?
Yes! As part of your enrolment, you will have an induction evening. This will usually be a quieter show evening and you will shadow an experienced Hero or a member of our venue staff. You will have a tour of the theatre, and you will be shown how to operate the equipment relating to the areas in which you have offered to help. In addition, you will have access to our Hero Help centre where training materials will be regularly reviewed and available 24/7.
Will there be support during the performance if I need help?
Yes! Every performance will be staffed by one of our House Managers. The House Manager will ensure you have everything you need and can answer any questions you have during the performance.
How do I become a Hero?
We are delighted you would like to join our Henrician Heroes! Because we want to ensure a safe environment for our other heroes, guests and staff, we need to conduct a full enhanced DBS check before you’re able to support us. We also ask you to enrol for the update service as well. This will be of no cost to you.
Step 2) Wait for us to be in touch to confirm your application.
Step 3) Watch our Safeguarding Video (Online)
Step 4) Review the training materials we have prepared (Online)
Step 5) Complete an enhanced DBS check.
Step 6) Induction and Tour & ID Check.
Step 7) You’re now a Henrician Hero!